Before Rank Defender, a technical SEO audit from a consultant would cost you $1,000-$7,000, and this wouldn’t include fixes.
Then you’d need to hire, manage and pay for a developer to fix most of these problems, though unfortunately they’d also create some new ones in the process.
You care about your SEO, so you know that this isn’t a one-time thing. Even with only 2 rounds of audits and fixes each year, it’s an expensive process that takes up way too much of your time.
Rank Defender is set up with only 5 minutes of your time, and continually works to fine-tune your website’s on-site SEO. You might think this comes at a significant cost, but for most businesses it’s cheaper than an Ahrefs or SEMrush subscription.
How Does Rank Defender Work?
After you sign up, you can expect us to:
- confirm that we can log in to your website
- begin an initial audit and analysis against an extensive list of on-site SEO standards (more details below)
- this can take a few hours to a few days based on your site’s size
- send you an initial report, so you can see the health of your website
- begin working on your site, fixing the issues we have identified
We don’t stop there though! Once signed up we continue to:
- audit and analyze your site on a daily basis
- fix any newly discovered issues
- monitor those fixes to ensure they stay fixed
- send you a monthly report, where you can see your health score improving on a daily basis
You can think of this as a “continuous improvement” process, where we are looking for ways to make your website better in both the eyes of Google and your customers.
Unlike a consultant or freelance developer though, we don’t take days off. We’re working 24/7 to get these fixes done.
What If I Use WordPress?
Reliable, high performance hosting and an up to date website is important for SEO and security.
As a result we offer free WordPress hosting, WordPress core updates, plugin and theme updates as part of our service. Our hosting is great for SEO, and is backed up and scanned for viruses or hacked code on a daily basis.
After you sign up and we send you our initial report, we will talk you through the migration process (which in most cases don’t require any action on your behalf).
Don’t want to use our hosting? No problems! As long as you’re using a high end managed WordPress host like Flywheel or WP Engine and can give us access to use your backup system, we can keep your site up to date!
What Exactly Does Rank Defender Fix?
We use our own auditing system, which incorporates based on our founders’ 10+ years of working with SEO. If you use Ahrefs, Google Lighthouse or SEMrush to analyze your website, you can expect us to fix it.
Below are the key areas we audit, fix and monitor.
Over 30 elements including:
- lossless compression of all images
- reducing the number of files loaded
- minifying required CSS deferring unused CSS
- minimizing page and file redirects
- preloading key requests
- SSL certificate validity
- correct HTTPS configuration
- HTTP traffic is forced to HTTPS
- cross-origin links are safe
Over 40 elements including:
- form input fields are named
- images use alt attributes
- links use descriptive text
- contrast between foreground and background colors (including images) is adequate
- correct heading tag usage
Crawlability & Indexability
Over 30 elements including:
- robots.txt is present and valid
- XML sitemap is present and valid
- canonical links are present and valid
- internal and external links are not broken or pointing to redirects
- pages are not being blocked from indexing
- Google Analytics code is present on all pages
- Open Graph for Facebook is present and valid
- Twitter Cards are present and valid
- page title tags are present, unique and valid
- meta descriptions are present, unique and valid
- heading 1 tags are present, unique and valid
- other heading tags use correct hierarchy