How Does Rank Defender Work?
After you sign up, you will be asked to fill out an intake form. After that, we will take care of everything for you. If you choose The Ultimate Defender Package, we provide you with free WordPress hosting and migration.
Personal Trello Task Board
Following sign up, your site will go through an initial audit. We will analyze your site against an extensive list of on-site SEO standards. Any time an issue is identified, it will be added to your task board queue so you can see all the issues holding your website back.
Let our DevHeroes Save the Day!
Our DevHeroes will fix the identified issues on your site. We fix one issue every 24-48 hours. All its status is updated in the task board so you know what issue we are fixing at any given time. After the fixes, your entire site will be monitored and audited again.
Rinse and Repeat
You can think of this as a “continuous improvement” process, where we are looking for ways to make your website better in both the eyes of Google and your customers. All you have to do is wait for your personal account manager to notify you of the progress of your issue fixes with a monthly audit report.
Our team audits and crawls your website in real-time.
You will have your personalized and automated task board, updated with new issues weekly.
Your site’s health scores and the issues identified will also be summarized monthly.
Depending on the plan you have chosen, you will have unlimited issue fixes that include broken links, meta descriptions, canonical links, and more.
The Sidekick will have basic fixes every 24 hours per basic task, while The Ultimate Defender with both basic and premium issue fixes every 24-48 hours per task.
You also have more flexibility in terms of the optional add-ons that best fit your needs.
Our team monitors your site constantly.
Our audits are done continuously to maintain the operational continuity of your pages.
Key areas we audit, fix and monitor.
Over 30 elements including:
- lossless compression of all images
- reducing the number of files loaded
- minifying required CSS deferring unused CSS
- minimizing page and file redirects
- preloading key requests
- SSL certificate validity
- correct HTTPS configuration
- HTTP traffic is forced to HTTPS
- cross-origin links are safe
Over 40 elements including:
- form input fields are named
- images use alt attributes
- links use descriptive text
- contrast between foreground and background colors (including images) is adequate
- correct heading tag usage
Crawlability & Indexability
- robots.txt is present and valid
- XML sitemap is present and valid
- canonical links are present and valid
- internal and external links are not broken or pointing to redirects
- pages are not being blocked from indexing
Analytics & Social
- Google Analytics code is present on all pages
- Open Graph for Facebook is present and valid
- Twitter Cards are present and valid
- page title tags are present, unique and valid
- meta descriptions are present, unique and valid
- heading 1 tags are present, unique and valid
- other heading tags use correct hierarchy